Books and Literature
The following books and written literature are helpful sources for wellbeing with Parkinson's. Please recommend any resources that have been helpful to you by submitting them in the questions and comments section.
General Parkinson's Disease
- Every Victory Counts. Essential information and inspiration for a lifetime of wellness with Parkinson's disease. Authors: Monique L. Giroux, MD and Sierra Farris, PAC. 2009. Available at Amazon.
- HOPE: Four Keys to a Better Quality of Life for Parkinson's People. Author: Hal Newsom, 2002.
- The First Year-Parkinson's disease: An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed, Author: Jackie Hunt Christensen, Paul, M.D. Tuite (Foreword), 2005.
- What Your Doctor May Not Tell You about Parkinson's disease: A Holistic Program for Optimal Wellness, Authors: Jill Marjama-Lyons, Mary J. Shomon, 2003.
- Parkinson's disease and the Family: A New Guide (The Harvard University Press Family Health Guides), Authors: Sharma Nutan, M.D., Elaine Richman, 2005.
- Healthy aging: a lifelong guide to your physical and spiritual well-being. Author: Andre Weil, MD, 2006.
Exercise and Physical Body
- The Book of Exercise and Yoga for Those with Parkinson's disease. Author: Lori Newell, 2005.
- When Things Fall Apart. Heart Advice for Difficult Times. Author: Pema Chodron, 2007. CD or Book. A powerful and engaging story which will leave you inspired.
- Quiet Mind. A beginners Guide to Meditation. Author: Susan Piver, 2008.
- Eating well for optimal health: the essential guide to bringing health and pleasure back to eating. Author: Andrew Weil, MD, 2001